Happy Hounds is committed to leaving as light a carbon pawprint on our planet as possible.
We believe in:
- Supporting inclusive economic growth
- Creating jobs in our business
- Buying from small-scale, local farmers
- Buying from local fishers
- Sourcing ethically farmed ingredients
- Sourcing sustainably farmed ingredients
- Regenerative farming practices
- Organic produce
- Reducing the amount of waste created in the production and the consumption of our product
- Always looking for ways to reduce our waste through improved processes
- Finding ways to reuse/repurpose secondary material where possible
- Utilising recyclable, compostable or biodegradable packaging options where available
Happy Hounds is a learning organisation.
We are very good at producing dog food, designed with nutritionists, to improve your dogs’ health and be super tasty. However, we know there is always room to learn and expand our knowledge for happier hounds and a happier planet.
We invite you to join us on our learning journey for sustainability.
We have a vision of becoming a carbon smart company with circular production loops. It is a big dream for a small company, but we are on the road and taking steps every day to get there.
We have created a phased strategic plan to reach our vision, prioritising the areas where we believe we can have the most impact immediately in phase 1, ie our ingredients and suppliers (see illustration above).